COVID-19: What older adults need to know
Here are the important steps you should take to protect yourself from COVID-19. The CDC has several tips that all people with Medicare can do to stay healthy.
The CDC recommends that you:
- Stay home if possible.
- Wash your hands often.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
- Avoid all cruise travel and non-essential air travel.
- Contact your healthcare professional if you have concerns about COVID-19 or if you are sick.
If you do need to see your doctor, please call them first. They may be able to use telehealth services for common office visits, mental health counseling, and preventive health screenings.
How to fight Medicare fraud & protect your identity
Happy National Consumer Protection Week! Now's a great time to take action to protect your identity and brush up on your Medicare rights and protections:
- Guard your card. Identity theft can happen when someone uses your personal information without your consent to commit fraud or other crimes. Guard your Medicare Number and card, and keep your Social Security Number safe.
- Help fight Medicare fraud. Check your eMSNs in your Medicare account to stay on top of your claims. Not signed up to receive your MSN electronically? You can sign up today in your Medicare account. If you find errors or fraud in your MSN, report it to us. Don't have a Medicare account yet? Sign up for your free Medicare account today.
- Know your rights. You have certain rights and protections designed to make sure you get the health care services the law says you can get.